still and again, drive mechanical speedo

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
tmoble

still and again, drive mechanical speedo

Post by tmoble »

Has anybody come up with a good solution for this? 4L60E, 57 Chevy pickup, really need the speedo to work. Found a gizmo Cable X, but they want near $400 for it. That's as much as I paid for the tranny. Any bright ideas, wisdom, alternatives?
tmoble

Re: still and again, drive mechanical speedo

Post by tmoble »

is it my bad breath?
dch

Post by dch »

tmoble

I'm sure you have done some searching and found that there are very few options for anyone running a cable driven speedo. The cable X and a tail shaft conversion are about the only options that I know of for the transmission. The other option is to update the dash to a electronic speedo to run off of the output of your trans controller. There are no cheep options for running a cable speedo with any newer electronic trans, here are a couple of links for you. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... rw&cad=rja , http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... QA&cad=rja

Dave
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
tmoble

Post by tmoble »

Dave, Thanks for taking time. Must be a really limited market, or competition for that Cable-X would had showed up by now. Wonder how hard it to make something like that.

lets see...... need 1000RPM at 60MPH and linear