4L80E code

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
6bt4l80e

Re: 4L80E code

Post by 6bt4l80e »

Oh yes now I see the inputs for the PCM? I must be blind. Thank you to everyone who has helped me figure this stuff out. Maybe someone can send me an image of what their board looks like when it is complet so I can make sure I have installed all the components needed. I know mine might be slightly different but just to see that I am at least on the correct path. So this 4.7 ohm resistor, where dose it go? Not on the board I would think?
mp15dc2000

Post by mp15dc2000 »

Hi Tim

There is a picture on page 2 of this thread that shows the location, the resister is put in the wiring harness.
I would put the picture here but have not figured out how yet.

brad
dch

Post by dch »

Here you go

49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
6bt4l80e

Post by 6bt4l80e »

Oh, yea, Thank you for the help. I am sorry I ment a pic of the actual board with the components soldered in so I could feel more sure I assembled mine correctly. No problem. So one more question.. what is the need for the 2WD to 4wD switch? what dost the input do? I ask because my application is a 4wd but I have a older NP205 transfercase, so there is no electrical switch or anything in the T case to provide an input when in 4wd. There must be a change in the logic or something that is needed while in 4wd? For GPIO stand alone I will have to only use a TPS as my engine is the Cummins diesel and no MAP or other sensors. I put on a TPS already for the original JET TCM that used to control the trany till it stopped. It has been down for 2 years now and I need to get it running again as it is a work truck that I can really use. I cant wait to get this up and running again.

Thanks

Tim
dch

Post by dch »

Hi Tim
Here is a pic for you, All transfer cases have a low gear ratio and when in 4WD low the speedo output has changed. So the GPIO has logic for that. your TPS should be fine the only thing I'm not sure on is engine rpm input Brad is correct in that ISS shouldn't be used as engine input. I don't know options right now but we will get it figured out. Dave

49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
dch

Post by dch »

Lance
I was going thourgh the settings for ISS and VSS, when I change the ISS rev/teeth to 31 it also changes the VSS to 31. The 4L80E has 31 teeth for the ISS and 40 for the OSS/VSS? Did I miss something.
Thanks Dave
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

I have likely messed something up (I may have the INI for both variables pointing to the same memory location, or something silly like that). I will have a look right away and post back here.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

Yep, both pointing to the same location - I will post new code and a new INI in this thread shortly.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

Here is new code and an INI (in a zip file). The attached INI now includes the iss_divider variable (used for both the ISS and tach), and this is now accessible using the ISS menu (it used to point to no_teeth for the VSS - so they were both changing the same variable).

I don't believe the code changed (iss_divider has been in it for a while, I just forgot to add it to the INI). However, I may have made small changes to the code since the last release, so there is a new freshly complied S19 just in case (I have checked it, and it seems to work).

Thanks for spotting this!

Lance.
Attachments
GPIO.zip
Latest code - Feb 11/2010
(40.31 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
dch

Post by dch »

Thanks Lance that did it, when I loaded the code was I suppose to get 1.006 or 1.10 in Megatune it returned 1.006 ? and are you using Megatune or Tuner Studios Thanks Dave