Spare port

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: Spare port

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

I have been unable to provoke 5.008 into a 'sluggish' mode. I have had it running here for several hours (30000000 main loops) with no issues. Is it possible that your comms are suspect?

I hope we can announce more projects soon. Bruce and Al have become quite gun-shy about making announcements until things are close to ready, as we just get deluged with requests for more info and added features, and this slows the actual work down.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
slyrye

Post by slyrye »

Hi Lance
How's the latest Megashift or MSGPIO code compatibility with MS2Extra..? I would like to install it on a subaru forester with latest MS2Extra firmware and MSGPIO as Megashift :D :D :D
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

slyrye,

As far as I know it works fine. I haven't tested with extra myself (I test exclusively with B&G code), but I know others are using extra and I suspect I would have heard if there were problems.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

I think this post lost the initial issue :D

So dont know if you have had time for this yet so the idea was to have SP1/SP2 with "current gear" as index and a PWM of even better a frequens as output.

For frequence the "speedo out" range would work just fine.

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Have you tried 5.009? It has PWM with current gear as an index option. It also has a fixed INI that might address your comms issues.

http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html

Lance.
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Ok Ill have go with this one and see how it behaves.

BR//Tobmag
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Well did some testing and it seems to be working with Cgear as index, I just cant put in a negative value as X minimum so not possible indicate reverse.

I also think that PC percentage is a bit odd, Im running as stand alone on the bench so no CAN.
When VSS signal is 0 the PC percentage goes to 100%, must be wrong since I wont need that at idle and standing still?
As soon as there is a siganl coming in on OSS it follows the table.
Also ISS is behaving strange, I get a reading on "input shaft speed" even though ISS is disabled, following OSS speed....

Might be that I have a setting wrong somewhere?

Attached my .msq

BR//Tobmag
Attachments
2014-02-08_22.35.21.msq
(49.78 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

tobmag,

Yes, unfortunately negative values are not currently allowed. I will eventually re-work this, but it's a little more complicated than it seems (for numerous obscure reasons). I did it the 'simple' way to see if anyone would actually use it before investing the effort. Since you are using it, I will try to move this up in the priority list.

There are a few settings that can mess up the PC, but it's certainly possible the code is messed up. Thanks for your MSQ, I'll have a look when I get a chance (hopefully today or tomorrow).

I believe (since I haven't verified it right at the moment and it's been a little while since I worked on this area of the code) that the ISS is calculated (from the VSS and gear ratios), so you get a value even if the ISS is not activated. I will have a look at this to verify it too.

Lance.
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

OK before digging into this deeper I have another approach for this.

What I really want to do is have a gear lever indicator what the GPIO cant do right now I guess?
So if Im using CAN load I will have a 0-5v input free but as far as I know I cant use it for anything else at the moment?

If I could use AD5 circuit as index 0-5v for SP1/2 and pwm as output I would be ok as well. since I then have the right input for P-R-N-D-3-2-1
Its a bit tight with only 0,83v between each position dont know if the code can handle that?

Maybe even easier to build this as a stand alone unit as well.....

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Using the non-CAN load input for the spare port index is certainly possible. Right now all you can do is log it if you are using CAN, but it makes sense to have it useful for more than that, and an index for the spare ports is probably the best use. Let me look at it for a bit to see how that might work.

Another possibility is to have a dedicated 'gear lever' mode for at least one of the spare ports. The user (you!) would have set the PWM settings for each gear (and if I did it right, we could have the user set both the percentage and the frequency independently for each gear, within limits). Is that closer to what you would prefer?

Lance.