STIM

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
dch

STIM

Post by dch »

How many of you would like a STIM for the GPIO that we can use with the transmissions. It will be manly directed for the 4L60/80 modes but can be modified to use wilth other tranys. weather we can get this done depends on how many want one. Thanks Dave
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
Bernard Fife

trans stim

Post by Bernard Fife »

All,

I have been asked about the stim for the transmissions application. I had a bunch of these produced a few years ago, and all of these have gone out with the various beta boards.

My plan was to do a new trans stim board that accommodated the resistor based shift lever positioning, and support for the various spare outputs/inputs.

However, I have had little feedback on this, and won't do the work unless enough people are interested.

At this point it looks like there are three options:
- do nothing, and people can rig their own trans stim up on their test benchs,
- re-release the original stim board - it has support for the 4L60E and 4L80E and could be ready in a few weeks,
- re-design the original trans stim board for more general usage - this might take several weeks.

If anyone has a preference for one of these options, let us know here, and we'll use this discussion to decide how to proceed.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Re: STIM

Post by Bernard Fife »

All,

I have had a batch of v2.0 trans stim PCBs made up. You can read a bit about it here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/v2transtim.html I will be adding to the trans stim docs regularly over the next several days. Do not use the BOM - it has not been verified yet.

I need to test these PCBs (and the corresponding BOM and build instructions) over the next week or so, and then they will be available for purchase. The boards cost $14.90 to make - which is what I will sell them for, but I haven't researched the shipping yet (I expect it to be about $4 without tracking to North America, more with tracking).

The way I will offer these is that user can PM me with a request for a certain number of boards (and their full name, mailing address, and phone number), and I will send them a PayPal invoice. Once that invoice is paid, I will ship the order. Users won't need to have a PayPal account - apparently they can use a regular credit card via PayPal without an account.

Once I have a few board's built and working well, I will post full details in this thread (so please don't PM me just yet).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
dch

Re: STIM

Post by dch »

This is supper news, Thanks for all of you hard work Lance
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image