When can I get one?

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
phj420

When can I get one?

Post by phj420 »

Can someone please tell me where I can get this board. I have been following it for the longest time, but I still don't have one. If there in production, then when are they scheduled to be released? Any news??? Lance, can I give you money for one?

thanks
Anthony
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Anthony,

Bruce has the first 100 boards back from the assembly plant, and is programming the serial monitors right now. Then they will go to vendors asap. However, vendors have to order them, of course; and put together kits as needed. If you are looking to get one quickly, I suspect Matt Cramer (at DIYautotune) might be able to help make that happen.

A big part of the delay has been the lack of beta testers (or more correctly, beta testers that took a board but never provided any feedback). Over 20 beta boards were sent out, but only three or four beta testers did any work (and we are very grateful to those 3 or 4, otherwise we would still be waiting to release the boards).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
phj420

Re: When can I get one?

Post by phj420 »

well, I think that it is kind of sad that there was only feedback from 3 or 4 out of 20 :oops: . Is there a way to become a beta tester or do you just have to know someone? If I had one I could have provided a ton of feedback. I will get in touch with Matt to see if I can preorder. I think that there is good potential for this think and ABS/traction control, and gauge cluster development.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

phj420,

I would love to have had more boards to give people who could have tested, but we only had 20 made, and all of these went out many months ago when we offered them on these forums. So legitimate testers like yourself who came along later weren't able to get one.

Marc (ca434sbc) was a real champ in testing the trans application, and a couple of other users did significant testing as well, so at least we got some things sorted out (as well as me testing the trans application in my car a year and a half ago).

I suspect there are going to be lots of applications for the board. In addition to the trans code and the upcoming stability control application, I am working on an application to run things like A/C and everything else the OEM does in one of my cars (just to show how it is done). I also hope to do an application to control a telescope (not automotive, obviously, but using the GPIO board). And I am sure others will have ideas - hopefully the template code project will help this.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
phj420

Post by phj420 »

Well, I talked to Matt and he said that he is not taking preorders but he has a GPIO mailing list that he can add people to so that when the board is ready people on the list will be the first to find out about it. If there is anything I can do to help the process please let me know. It snowed here in Colorado today so I am ready to begin tinkering again. The GPIO really has potential to control everything.

thanks
Anthony
dtdub

Post by dtdub »

How do I get on this notification list?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

All,

I have heard from Bruce that some production GPIO boards are on their way to DIYautotune at the moment. They likely have some set-up to do (getting kits together, etc.). I don't know if they will sell a bare board at this point or not. In any case, we are getting closer!

Lance.
dch

Post by dch »

Thank for the update Lance
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

dtdub wrote:How do I get on this notification list?
Send us an email at websales@diyautotune.com. Put "Please add me to the GPIO contact list" in the subject line.

We've got the first of the boards Lance mentioned sitting on my desk. We do plan to offer them in kit form - I'm working on the case design today.