PMW Troubles

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
camomcharo

PMW Troubles

Post by camomcharo »

I'm using 4.126 Mshift my valve body is a direct control with 3.5 ohm solenoids I've set outputs 1-3 to PWM @ 40% and 170 hz.
So far this seems to work the problem I've been having is output 4 aka sp2 Its used for reverse and only on in reverse. I'm getting power to output 4 in all gears. when I tested the other outputs I again was getting power when I should't. With a meter connected I could switch from PMW to "on and off" and get the correct operation on 1-3 but at full power. I took a data log and didn't understand some of the values. Iv'e attached msq and a data log, i'm hopping some one could take a look and help me figure this mess out.

Thanks,
Attachments
2015-04-03_17.01.43.msl
(382.84 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
2015-04-03_mshift.msq
(46.43 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
Bernard Fife

Re: PMW Troubles

Post by Bernard Fife »

comamcharo,

The first thing to do is to upgrade to the latest code. This is 4.146 and is here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V41code.html It has numerous fixes.

You might also want to try the beta code, which is soon to become the release code: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html

With PWM on the spare ports, the PWM percentage (PWM%) is set to the 'PWM% when OFF' value when the spare port is off. When the spare port is ON, the PWM% is taken from the 'Spare Port 2 PWM Percent' table. If you want a fixed PWM percent, then then table should be filled with that percentage. Note that the PWM% table index can be all sort of variables, and if the chosen variable changes and the table values are not all the same, then the PWM% will change even when the spare port is ON.

Finally, note that some driver circuits and devices invert the operation of the output, so that 100% may mean full current, or it may mean no current; and vice-versa for 0%, etc.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw