GPIO crashing when tuning MS2

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
zen

gpio crashing when altering ms2 settings..new tuner studio?

Post by zen »

ruby mary + accel 4 OPEN LOOP..msq
(109.16 KiB) Downloaded 723 times
hi

when tuning the ms2 msq, ie lets say altering the idle steps for tick over, once hit burn gpio crashes..ie refuses to change gear, wont even go into reverse..
also, it seems to take a age for changes to ms2 to be implemented..ie changing iac steps from 50 to 40 , 30 secs later it does so..
also..idle up and advance settings in gpio do not work..yes constraints are meet, ie tps 0, in first, 0 mph..

now as only driven from home to test station, am not sure if was like this before yesterday..yesterday i updated my tuner studio..coincidence???

hopefully msq's are here....gearbox is gpio.
Attachments
ruby mary + accel 4 OPEN LOOP GEARBOX MSQ..msq
(109.16 KiB) Downloaded 658 times
zen

Re: gpio crashing when altering ms2 settings..new tuner stud

Post by zen »

forgot.....thanks..any ideas??
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

Can you post what version number of TunerStudio and what MS2 fimrware version you're using?
zen

Post by zen »

hi

ts is v2.6.04

and ms2 is i have no idea as not near car..i will post tomoz , but about 6 months old??maybe less
zen

GPIO crashing when tuning MS2

Post by zen »

hi..

gpio firmware 4.139..with ms2 extra330n2

now if i am tuning the ms2 tables..say fuel table 1 on the go..ie driving it will crash the GPIO..

by crash i mean specifically it will NOT see the manual gearchange inputs from the gearshift switches..IT will change gear in auto forward gaers, BUT will not go into reverse as it does not see a change fron the shifter..
if i cut power and restart all is fine..

tuner studio is V2.6.04

any ideas??thanks
Bernard Fife

Re: GPIO crashing when tuning MS2

Post by Bernard Fife »

Simon,

This error could be from a number of things; from ms2 or TS, or the CAN physical connection. But it may also be a gear lever error. So the first thing I would try is disabling the lever error function. This is under "Error Behavior -> Lever Error Behavior"; set it to: "Ignore Lever Errors". There is more here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V41tune.html#ge

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
zen

Re: GPIO crashing when tuning MS2

Post by zen »

update..(this is before vss issue)

rewired canbus and turned off gear lever errors as you suggested..seems ok now thanks..

SO anyone reading this in the future..re do your can bus wiring..its been perfect since..
zen

Post by zen »

this was related to iffy canbus wiring...