4L80E code

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
1991blazer

Re: 4L80E code

Post by 1991blazer »

Lance,

I uploaded this code and in park "current gear" shows 0 but "manual gear" shows -99 and is stuck there no matter what gear you put it into. Everything else looks fine.

Aaron
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Aaron,

-99 for the 'manual gear' value means the code is not finding a manual gear lever position input pattern that matches any of those specified in the user inputs. I would need an MSQ and a datalog to be able to say much more.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gui67

Post by gui67 »

I flashed the new code in the TCU, but did not test the car yet as it is raining.
but I did not get any problem with current gear or manual gear: everything is normal.( I only got an error message about a parameter Metric that does not have the right value and should be set manually)

I will let you know about the results from going in neutral later.
gui67

Post by gui67 »

Hi Lance,
I just tested the new code, I did not see any difference:
going in neutral while driving, and then again in D, the transmission stayed in first gear, even when I tried shifting with the up and down switch, it did not go in manual mode.
Here is the datalog (too big to upload on the forum):
http://g.scheidt.free.fr/4l80/2014-05-04_09.47.05.msl
Guillaume
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Guillaume,

Okay, I will dig a bit deeper!

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gui67

Post by gui67 »

Something else I just saw:
at approx 560 sec, while the car was in first gear, current geaar =4, i pressed the up and down buttons several time to see if I could go in manual mode, but it did not, and I don't see it on the datalog either.
(fields DWN and UP.) they were working earlier, at 225 sec.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

gui67,

Another user was reporting issues getting into manual mode as well, and I will have a look at that too.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Guillaume,

I am still looking into this, and have some ideas. However, I also noticed that some info that might help has not been included in the INI/datalog. So I have edited the INI to include these things. The upgraded 4.140 INI is here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/fi ... t_4140.ini This should be used for future datalog whenever possible.

These changes will be included in all future INIs as well, of course.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Guys,

I found a few potential trouble spots in the code. These are fixed in the attached code. This code might fix your issues, but it might not; however if it doesn't fix things it will help narrow the problem down.
Monitor_4140c.abs.s19
Use INI from link immediately above.
(72.7 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
BTW, to shift manually while in auto mode, you need to press the shift buttons twice. The first press activates manual mode, the second press (and any subsequent presses once in manual mode) does the actual shifting. I'm sure you all know that, but I thought I ought to be very clear for anyone who stumbles on this thread later.

Lance.
ashford

Post by ashford »

i am having the same problem(always have actually) with popping into neutral then back into drive resulting in a first gear shift, i have to come to a stop or near stop shift to n then back into drive to get it to shift normal. i just got my car back on the road from last august or so and am currently running 4.127. im a bit behind on code revisions, is there a version i should try or go straight to 4.140. im running a ford 4r70w voltage based gear input.