MShift and Toyota A34 Series Info?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
mikeymkll7mgte

Re: MShift and Toyota A34 Series Info?

Post by mikeymkll7mgte »

Just wanted to post an update... Car is running and driving great. Transmission is shifting great with no issues. It has been quite a learning experience figuring out how to tune the shifts on the car, especially when it gets in and out of boost easily and quickly. I will be dynoing the car this next week to see what it puts down. Got a question though- How would I easily make the converter stay locked up in third to do the dyno pull? Change the full time lock up settings? Make a toggle switch to control it just for the dyno?

Forgot one other thing- Im using MS3X and tied to MShift over CAN. It wont burn shift tables over CAN, and sometimes some of the settings dont "stick". I have to be plugged in directly to MShift to do any changes to it. Is this normal with MS3X and MShift over CAN?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

mikey,

I am glad it is working for you. You should be able to use the full time lock up settings to lock the converter in 3rd gear and up. See: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V22tune.html#nt Just set the rpms low, and the gear to 3rd.

I always test the CAN flash burn before release, and just re-checked it with 2.202 MShift code and it works fine. But that's with MS-II running 2.905 code.

It could be that not enough time is left after a burn before shutting down. The whole process can take several seconds over CAN (because of all the other stuff happening on the CAN network), so you have to be quite slow and methodical. However, it may be that MS3 has a bug in the CAN code that is causing packets to be dropped, and you can ask about this on the MS3 forums (I don't have an MS3 to test the CAN comms). You can also try asking about this on our TunerStudio forum ( viewforum.php?f=12 ) to see if Phil thinks there is anything in TS that might cause this behavior.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
mikeymkll7mgte

Post by mikeymkll7mgte »

I know Im giving it plenty of time. If I change a setting offline for MShift, and then go online and it says the tunes are different and burn changes, I do that, and it keeps popping up to burn the changes. Ill post in the MS3 section too. Thanks.
gross polluter

Post by gross polluter »

I've been using all variants of MS3 on Mshift since beta 25 some time last year and haven't had an issue burning settings through CAN.

I am guilty of occasionally turning my controller off within a few seconds of burning and that will result in corrupted firmware. I'll usually count to 10 after the burned indicator has turned off to ensure I don't corrupt my settings.