Pressure Control is not responding to Load (GPIO 4L80E)

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: Pressure Control is not responding to Load (GPIO 4L80E)

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rob,

I think there might be an issue with one or more of the files in your project folder. If this was mine, I would:

0) Save a current MSQ file, then download the attached firmware and INI (below), and burn the firmware to the controller as detailed here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html#load
Monitor_5099zviii.abs.s19
(83.16 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
GPIO_MShift_5099.ini
(278.17 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
1) If TunerStudio is open, shut it down. Zip the project folder to a safe place (such as beta_2 that you posted) to keep as a backup.
2) Delete the project folder from the TunerStudioProjects folder.
3) Open TunerStudio and and look for the 'Create New Project' link.
4) Click the 'Create New Project link.
5) Name the project anything you like (such as beta_3).
6) Click the 'Other/Browse' check box and navigate to the INI you downloaded from this post, then click on it. Do not 'Detect' the firmware or use any other INI that TS suggests.
7) Select the units Settings as appropriate when prompted.
8) Set the Comm setting to match your serial connection.
9) Select finish and you *should* be set up correctly.
10) Download your MSQ to the controller. Because this firmware is newer than what you have been using, it will have a setting or two that you didn't have and this will generate a warning (which you can ignore and which will only occur once).

Let us know how this goes.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
rxl158

Post by rxl158 »

SUCCESS! Looks like it works well now Lance!
I took your advice and created a new project using the 5.099zviii firmware and the accompanying .ini you posted.
Drove the car for about an hour with no issues and was able to tweak the tune while staying connected :)
I'll drive it for the next week to work and see how things go.

Thanks for all your Help and Patience!
Rob
DIY'er with Your help :-)
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rob,

Great, I'm glad that worked! And thank you for your patience, I know these things can be unbearably frustrating.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw