Selective clutch %

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Addicted

Selective clutch %

Post by Addicted »

Hello Lance,

I've searched the docs but cannot find an explanation to why my 2 selective clutches show up on datalogs as a percentage?

I'm just starting to tune the shift and, for instance, the shift from 1 to 2 feels quite hard, I then checked the datalog to ensure that the selective clutch was actual operating during shifts. It is. However it varies between 25-65%. This isn't PWM'd output so I expected a digital response of 1 or 0

Martin
Bernard Fife

Re: Selective clutch %

Post by Bernard Fife »

Martin,
Selective Clutch: Output is ON (PWM% from 12x1 table for spare port 1 and 2, from the 16x9 table for spare port 0) while shifting AND Clutch Output1 Pattern is ON for target gear, OFF otherwise.
This is here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/spareport.html, near the bottom.

This is saying that the PWM table is used whenever the output is on, so the controller reports the current PWM%. If you want an ON/OFF digital output, set the entire PWM% table to 100% (or 0% if your output is inverted and you have 100% as the off value, for example).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Excellent! thanks Lance.

May I suggest that this:
If you want an ON/OFF digital output, set the entire PWM% table to 100%
Is added to the manual, just to hit us users across the face with it as I had read that section of the manual numerous times today I never realised it meant me, this is because in the 'spare port function' window one of the options is 'PWM Mode', but because I had selected 'Selective clutch' instead I didn't realise the PWM stuff was relevant to me. Does that make sense?

Thanks again.. (its all going well so far!!)
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Good idea, it has been done.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw