How to calibrate CAN1 coolant thermister?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Addicted

How to calibrate CAN1 coolant thermister?

Post by Addicted »

I connect my Megashift (CAN1) to Tunerstudio via my MS2 ECU.. however, when I calibrate the thermister values for megashift (CAN1) in Tunerstudio it applies the changes to the main MS2 ECU project even though I select CAN1

Do I need to connect the Megashift to Tunerstudio independently to calibrate its thermister?
Bernard Fife

Re: How to calibrate CAN1 coolant thermister?

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

I think so. In theory you shouldn't have to, but something in either TS or the INI isn't quite right obviously (though I don't see anything amiss in the INI at first glance).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
thatswagenwagen

Post by thatswagenwagen »

I am actually having this same problem with my calibrations. I just connect independently to the TCM with the serial cable and all is well (inconvenient when you want to perfect a measurement while viewing real time temps, though).

Sam
Ap67et10

Post by Ap67et10 »

I ran into this problem a few months ago and posted a thread on it here. I also contacted James and Phil about it and they said MS3 does support CAN based calibration, however it was a method that Phil and James developed and is not supported with Megashift apparently, so you have to connect directly to GPIO through serial connection to calibrate.

Andrew
zen

Post by zen »

certainly do..cos otherwise like me you will find you have just recalibrated your ms2 engine coolent sensor..bugger