Getting MS3 to read VSS & Gears

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
shaodome

Getting MS3 to read VSS & Gears

Post by shaodome »

So MS3 has the ability to poll the can bus for the VSS, but I frankly have NO idea how to set it up and cannot find any documentation anywhere to help.
vss.GIF
vss.GIF (174.33 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
canvss.GIF
canvss.GIF (86.96 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
cansetup.GIF
cansetup.GIF (145.53 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
shaodome

Re: Getting MS3 to read VSS & Gears

Post by shaodome »

Ok, so I drank some coffee and looked into the INI file further....

for the CAN stuff on Megashift it looks like the gear offset is 12 and the VSS offset is 2. (Lance please confirm). What I don't know is the datasize (8bit vs 16bit) and what to set the scaler% to in the speed/gear settings. James has the tooltip that says:
Number of pulses per mile/km or scaler to convert from one unit system to another. (Megasquirt uses 0.1 ms-2 internally, so to convert from 0.1 mph use 45.6%
So would that mean just use that default value of 45.6?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

shaodome,

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=880&p=4680#p4675

You would have to ask the MS3 developers about the scaler, I have no idea about that.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gui67

Post by gui67 »

Here is an other post with my settings for MS3 and MSGPIO:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=850#p4507

The scaler is to convert the unit from MSGPIO(mph) to m/s (meter/second)
1mph = 0,447m/s