transmission temp calibration

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Ap67et10

transmission temp calibration

Post by Ap67et10 »

Ok, so I was having an issue where every time I tried to calibrate the transmission temperature sensor it would just change the coolant temp in tuner studios. I had an issue where I ended up reloading firmware again, and while doing that via serial port on GPIO I realized I should try to calibrate the temp sensor at that point. When I did that it worked great!

So the question is; Is the problem for sure a tuner studios issue? Should I inform Phil about this or could this be something else? Basically, every time I tried to calibrate GPIO trans temp over CAN it would change the engine coolant temp. Every single time, it never once worked correctly with any version of GPIO or MS3 firmware or different versions of TS. I had never tried calibrating when I was connected through serial to GPIO since I'm almost always doing GPIO stuff over CAN, but it hit me to try today while reloading firmware and now it works great.

Andrew
Ap67et10

Re: transmission temp calibration

Post by Ap67et10 »

Lance,

I sent a message to Phil and they had mentioned some of the issues on why GPIO probably would not be able to calibrate over CAN pass-through. It occurred to me that maybe I was not clear that was how I was trying to calibrate it over CAN and then I wondered if I had missed any info in the documentation I had read about not being able to calibrate over CAN pass-through?

Andrew
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Andrew,

The CANbus pass-through *should* allow the thermistor table to be reflashed, but doesn't (for you or on my bench, at least). This could be because of the INI has some problems, the trans code has problems, ms3 has problems, or tunerstudio has problems doing this. I will look in to the INI and trans code aspects of this.

In the meantime, as a work-around you can connect directly to the GPIO board to calibrate the temp sensor (then you should be able to use the CANbus pass-through for setting parameters, loading an MSQ or datalogging).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Ap67et10

Post by Ap67et10 »

yes that is exactly what I did and it works great now. Obviously there is no reason for me to re-calibrate it anymore (unless I load firmware again which then I'll just do it while I'm connected over serial) I just wanted to bring it to light, as I wasn't sure if this was what it should be doing or not, it didn't seem like it should function this way to me.

Andrew