Spare port

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: Spare port

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Okay, that should be very helpful, and I will look into this deeper and post a fix as soon as I have one.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

tested the 5012 code, the PC control seems to be working but non-CAN load is dead so didnt test further....
Line pressure seems to be reacting to input signal but way out of range.

BR//Tobmag
Attachments
2014-02-23_20.46.44.msq
(51.33 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Did you happen to make a datalog? This is often a much quicker easier way to spot problems, as I usually don't have to re-configure my test bench to figure things out. For example, in this case it would help a lot to see what aux_volts is doing (it forms the basis of the non-CAN load calculation).

Also, what exactly do you mean by way out of range on the line pressure? (100x, 0.001x, no discernible pattern, etc.) It helps if you tell me if you are using the line pressure table or the 2-point calcs (otherwise I have to dig around in the MSQ - which is fine, but slower and therefore takes me longer to do and longer to get to).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

OK Ill make logs in the future.

With my current 2point setting for the line pressure its showing -8bar at 5v.

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Yeah, I am seeing the same thing on my bench. I will work on it!

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Attached is 5.014 test code that may fix the non-CAN load and line pressure issues you spotted (it does on my bench with your MSQ):
Monitor_5014.abs.s19
(76.35 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
GPIO_MShift_5014.ini
(254.25 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Coincidentally, this code also has ISS ratio factors for each gear to derive the tach rpm from the ISS (especially for the 4L80E which has the ISS on the input drum not the input shaft, and these turn at different speeds in overdrive).

The code hasn't been tested, so use with caution, as always for beta codes.

Lance.
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

Almost there, line pressure is now back on line again.

PC control works above 3kph as you described but only if load is above 30%.
This will not be desirable if using TPS as input.

As usual my set up is stand-alone so using 0-5v as load.

Attached msq and log.

BR//Tobmag
Attachments
2014-02-25_20.43.12.msl
(152.92 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
2014-02-25_20.47.54.msq
(52.19 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

I will have a look, and post code here when I have a fix.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

I think I have this fixed. It took a little while, because though it looked like it was due to the load being below ~30, I believe it was actually due to the calculated rpm being below 300 (which only happens if the speed is below about 3.5 kph, and then only if you are non-CAN enabled and aren't using the input or tach). In your log, these rpm and load conditions appear almost simultaneously.

In CAN mode, this check makes sure the PC% is 100 when the engine isn't running (so no buzzing and no current draw). But with no tach hooked up and no CAN, this isn't very helpful.

I have edited the PC code to only check the rpm if CANbus is enabled, and this appears to work properly on my bench.

I will attach code (and an INI - I am not 100% sure if I had changed anything in the INI in last few days):
Monitor_5014b.abs.s19
(76.36 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
GPIO_MShift_5014.ini
(254.25 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Lance.
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

Finally catching up with this again....
I have edited the PC code to only check the rpm if CANbus is enabled, and this appears to work properly on my bench.
I can confirm that PC control in non-CAN mode is now working as it should.