4L60E Tune

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
bravo685

4L60E Tune

Post by bravo685 »

Can a 4L60E tune file be downloaded from the MegaShift website for TunerStudio?
Bernard Fife

Re: 4L60E Tune

Post by Bernard Fife »

bravo,

There is no such thing as a '4L60E tune' for the MShift/GPIO system.

In general, the code defaults are for the 4L60E. So things like the default shift solenoid logic and shift lever inputs are for the 4L60E (if you wire the controller up as directed). These are more 'configuration' details than tuning, though, and once they are set you shouldn't need to change them (unless you rearrange the wiring). They apply to any 4L60E, regardless of the vehicle it is in. You should check all of them, in any case, to be sure you have wired things correctly, and understood the parameters that are available to you.

However, because vehicles equipped with the 4L60E can have a very wide range of axle ratios, tire sizes, and red line rpm's, the shift table really must be set up for your particular application. In addition, the line pressure table will very likely need to be adjusted based on your vehicle as well. This is true for any transmission controller, of course. If I recall correctly, the defaults are for a 3.08 axle ratio, 315/35-17 rear tires, and a 6500 rpm redline that likes to keep the revs a fair bit higher than stock, even while cruising (my car!).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
bravo685

Post by bravo685 »

Thank you Lance.

To better explain myself I was wanting to work with the software before I bought the GPIO controller. I currently have a PCS (powertrain control solutions) trans controller which works well but costly - now looking for an alternative for my next project. I was working through the setup following the guide which says it defaults to 4L60E settings. I have loaded *.ini named GPIO_MShift_2111 but all my settings are either -2147483648.0 or 0's for every table and value that can be entered. I thought maybe I missed where to download the *.msq file to load the correct settings for the 4L60. I also get the warning message I have not loaded a 'tune' file for my project. So I was hoping there was a *.msq file that can be downloaded.

I will have to add this project is amazing..... I was really set back when I found this!

Thanks again
Rob
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rob,

I believe you can work 'off-line', but the default values are in the controller, not TunerStudio as you know.

At the moment there is only the default 2.107 msq here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/files/msq/ It is similar to the 2.111 code, though a few parameters are missing and will generate warnings in TunerStudio (which can be ignored, if I recall correctly). An alternative is to reload the S19 file on your GPIO controller if you had one, this will get you all the default values back (and you can save these once you connect). If you have an MS-II, you can load the MShift code on that (and the tach becomes the VSS signal).

If you don't have a MS-II controller, you might try loading the above MSQ in TS without a connection, I am not 100% sure but I believe it will let you work with these.

When I get a chance I will post a 2.111 default msq in the same place as the above link.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

I have put the default 2.111 MSQ here:

http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/fi ... t_2111.msq

(It seems TS will load this MSQ without a connection and let you work with the values, once you set up the proper INI, of course.)
bravo685

Post by bravo685 »

Thank you!

You have been very helpful

Rob