5.101 config issues

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
camomcharo

Re: 5.101 config issues

Post by camomcharo »

Lance,

I thought i had read your instructions correctly and I did and I changed the gear setting back to 4 and before i finished I changed it to 8 out of curiosity to see how long it took for the trans to engage, 5 sec. sorry for the confusion.

Iv'e added a crude schematic of the lever position switch with resistors.
Attachments
shift sw schem.jpg
shift sw schem.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 10367 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

camomcharo,

What are the values of the resistors in your diagram? Have you measured to voltage signals, or are you relying on the MShift signal for that?

The datalog screen shots you posted were useful to see what was going on, but I really need the full datalog (and the exact MSQ used at the time the datalog was made) to be able to analyze your issue properly. A datalog has all sorts of clues in it that won't usually show on a screen shot.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
camomcharo

Post by camomcharo »

Lance,

I've added more info hopefully its what you need.
The log is from shifting from park to 4th and back.
The volt values are at the resistor connection points with a fluke.
Any idea why I didn't have this problem with the 4.146 code?

Thanks. Rick
Attachments
shift schem.PNG
shift schem.PNG (68.56 KiB) Viewed 10352 times
2015-11-02_19.48.41.msl
(297.16 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
CAN1_CurrentTune.msq
(59.5 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Any idea why I didn't have this problem with the 4.146 code?
Rick,

*Most* aspects of the 5.1xx code are changed from the 4.1xx codes. Interrupts had to be rearranged to suit the new serial comms, and most sections of code had to be re-written to at least some degree. So it's not surprising it doesn't behave exactly the same, but it should work at least, and we'll get it there once I fully understand the problem.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rick,

I found what may be an issue with an argument passed to a function by comparing the 4.1x code with the 5.1xx code. So here is 5.101viii test code that *might* work better:
Monitor_5102viii.abs.s19
Uses previous INI
(84.57 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
This code is totally untested (my test bench is in the process of being moved at the moment) so use great caution if you decide to try it.

Lance.
camomcharo

Post by camomcharo »

Lance,

Good news, the code worked flawlessly with my lever setup. (5012viii)
Thanks is a lot... short for what you've done, hopefully I wont be the only that benefits from this.
And another thanks to you and mill3833 for the msq tip every time I loaded via CAN ( msq or mshift current tune)it would get corrupted!

Again thank you Rick.
Attachments
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG (3.34 MiB) Viewed 10332 times
2015-11-03_20.37.50.msl
(113.65 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rick,

Thank *you* for being patient with this process. It's often silly little things in the code that I mess up when making so many changes, and it's impossible to check everything on my bench. So we all benefit when someone spots an issue and has the patience to stick with it until it's solved, as you have done. Thanks again,

Lance.

Very nice rig, btw!