Feature request - Variable TCC lock up speed.

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Doddy Fidelis

Feature request - Variable TCC lock up speed.

Post by Doddy Fidelis »

Hi Lance,

I would like to request a variable lock up speed. 2-Axis table VSS-Load. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Doddy
Bernard Fife

Re: Feature request - Variable TCC lock up speed.

Post by Bernard Fife »

Doddy,

You can likely accomplish this using a spare port in TCC mode and a speed x load 16x9 table.

See: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/spareport.html

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Doddy Fidelis

Post by Doddy Fidelis »

I see. Thanks Lance.
Doddy Fidelis

Post by Doddy Fidelis »

Hi Lance,

I just got the time today to change TCC output to SP0. But no respond from SP0. the same also for SP1 and SP2. I also tried running SP1 and SP2 on each mode with no success. But once SP2 is ON it won't goes of even though I power cycle Megashift. Can you help me set up the spare ports? Thanks.

Doddy
Attachments
2014-08-04_23.36.14.msq
Spare Port Testing
(45.63 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

doddy,

Perhaps you could post a datalog of this behavior (or lack of it!) as well. A datalog would help see what the processor thinks the pin is doing.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Doddy Fidelis

Post by Doddy Fidelis »

Hi Lance,

I got it working now. Both sp0 as TCC and sp2 as user output. But there is some issues.

1. In sp0 table the speed remain in MPH, all other setting are in KPH and metrics. Not a big deal though.
2. Sp2 value only change when its being triggered for first time. after it being triggered no matter the load the value won't change. example:
Condition : speed (kph) = 20, if greater than or equal, hysteresis = 0, others set to no condition. If I reach 20kph at load 50 it will give pwm output of 20.
But when the load change the pwm value won't change unless the speed is dropped below 20.

I hope you can understand me. I have a bad English. Hehehe. Thanks.

Regards,
Doddy
Attachments
sp2 as user output.msq
(45.08 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
SP2 as user output.msl
(102.05 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Doddy,

Thank you for spotting this, I will have a look.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Doddy,

I *think* the attached code/INI will help the update issue, but I haven't tested it yet. (I think the mph issue is in the INI, but I haven't looked at it yet.)

If you want to try the code below cautiously, that would be great.
Monitor_4146.abs .s19
(73.43 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
GPIO_MShift_4146.ini
(221.4 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
Lance.
Doddy Fidelis

Post by Doddy Fidelis »

Hi Lance,

Sorry I just read the forum. I'll test the new code on Sunday and I'll let u know asap. Thanks.

Regards,
Doddy
Doddy Fidelis

Post by Doddy Fidelis »

Hi Lance,

I just tried 4146 on bench. Sp0 is flickering until around 64-65 kph and then solid on. Sp0 table shows 100 duty.
Attachments
2014-09-02_22.40.43.msq
(45.78 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
2014-09-02_22.37.16.msl
(203.02 KiB) Downloaded 499 times