Can't get VSS1 to read on MS3

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Ap67et10

Can't get VSS1 to read on MS3

Post by Ap67et10 »

I have set up all the VSS stuff in MS3, but can't get any reading over CAN. It will show what GPIO is reading when I click on the "speedo" gauge, but I can't get VSS1 to read anything. In the same settings I have setup current gear at 12 offset which works great. Looking in the ini it shows the offset to be 2, but that does nothing.

Any help on this? What is the correct offset for VSS? Or if I have it correct, why isn't it showing up?

Andrew
gui67

Re: Can't get VSS1 to read on MS3

Post by gui67 »

Hello Andrew,
look at my settings. It was working last time I checked.
I have a pdashboard in Tunerstudio with the VSS from GPIO and from MS3, and current gear from GPIO and MS3, so I can compare both together and check if everything is set correctly.
Last time I checked it xas working, but I updated the code from MS3 and from MShift after that. So I will check again this week-end and let you know.
Or tell me if my settings are working.
What is important are the greyed parametersMS-II in2ram block and variable offset. it must be set to 7 and 630. change the ini if needed.
Ap67et10

Post by Ap67et10 »

Got it up and running. I never changed the default setting from 8 bit to 16 bit. I didn't see anything in any documentation that I read (maybe I didn't find the right piece of info) that indicated it needed to be 16 bit. And my knowledge code and how everything communicates is still quite limited, so I don't fully understand why one would choose 8 or 16. Any insight from those with more understanding?? I always want to understand things like this that I don't know so well.

Andrew
Ap67et10

Post by Ap67et10 »

Got some info from James on this. I now have a slightly better understanding of what I am looking at when viewing an ini!

Andrew