2nd Gear Start option?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: 2nd Gear Start option?

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

Losing comms on a shift to 2nd is weird. I will look at the code shortly and post something that may help, hopefully tomorrow.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
mill3833

Post by mill3833 »

And just to clarify, it only does this when the new feature is selected. The couple times I've done it, it almost feels like a WDT reset or it gets lost in the weeds in an endless loop. I guess if that were the case, you'd see that on the bench. I think I can hear the trans making a slightly different noise, maybe max line pressure? But with TS disconnected, I lose my line press instrumentation. I could plump up a steam gauge to line pressure tomorrow and see what it does doing the reset.

Dave
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

I think I know what is happening, and the attached code ought to help (it does on my bench):
Monitor_4144b.abs.s19
Use previous INI.
(73.1 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
This code also ignores the MShift rev limiter when in burnout mode.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
mill3833

Post by mill3833 »

Lance,

I tried 4144b tonight. It worked like a champ! I can't find anything wrong with the new burnout mode (aka 2nd gear start). I works just like I had envisioned. Now all I need to do is get the car done so I can take it to the track. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Dave
:D
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

Okay, great, thanks for testing that! It's nice to have something work the way it was supposed to. Back to work for me on the other outstanding issues then.

Lance.
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

I assume this will be implemented in the V5 code as well?

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Yes, V5.xxx (likely 5.016) will have this burn-out mode implemented very shortly.

Lance.
phoenix3d

Post by phoenix3d »

Hi Lance... Yep been keeping an eye on this one as well...

This would match up to (I suppose) something like what I had on my Volvo Turbo..

When below a set Temp (ie ICE point) the Gearbox would automatically go into 2nd gear start so as to eliminate Tyre spin on pull off in icy conditions..

Would this be possible to add in when doing what the guys above are looking for?

Cheers!
Gordon