microTCU

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
superdve

Re: microTCU

Post by superdve »

phoenix3d wrote:Hi Guys!! Waiting in absolute anticipation!!!

Just would like to inquire... The outputs controlling the solenoids, will they all be Switched ground (Low Side) or will there be an option of having Switched Supply (High Side) outputs (as for the Toyota A34 type Tranny's and I am sure on a few others)?

The less we have to "MOD" the safer the installs would eventually be...

Once again Thanks for the continued dev!!

Gordon.
Agreed this is an important feature at least on 2 to 3 of the shift solenoid outputs.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Guys,

Right now the plan is to release the version that has grounding outputs only (so mods or an interface board would be required). However, we are developing an evolution of the trans controller that will have an increased number of outputs that can be either high or low-side drivers with no user modifications.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
phoenix3d

Post by phoenix3d »

Oooo, Oooo, Oooo...

Now my interest is peaked again!!

Got any more info?..... :D

Gordon.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Gordon,

No, nothing to announce in the near future. Unfortunately these things take a lot of time to develop, test, manufacture, and distribute. And time is one of the things we all seem to be short of these days. But this project is under active discussion, we are looking at components and specs, and pushing it forward whenever we find time.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
blacksaleen95

Post by blacksaleen95 »

Been a few months, any updates?
phoenix3d

Post by phoenix3d »

Yep same here... Any News Lance?...
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Nothing new to report. Testing continues, so that's progress, but I don't have a lot more info. I will get together with Bruce on the weekend and post any further news he might have.

Lance.
gasthecat

Post by gasthecat »

Bump on updates for the MicroTCU. I'm still a good 3-6 months away before needing one, but it would be good to know if I could get one in that time frame (Beta device would work for me)
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Gtc,

MicroTCU's are undergoing testing right now. Once the current design hardware is proven, there will likely be a small run of controllers for limited distribution. Ideally that will happen in 3 or 4 months if there are no major hardware changes required. A full run of controllers should follow shortly after that (~6 months) if everything proves to work as planned.

Lance.
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

I understand if you cant reviel that much now but are there any major updates on the HW?
As you might remember I had a lot of issues with the old one I was testing much related to my car beeing very noisy in the electronic system....

BR//Tobmag