microTCU

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: microTCU

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

We are looking at all the circuits when testing the microTCU, as you might imagine. The VSS is critical, as you know, so we want to make sure this is right.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gasthecat

Post by gasthecat »

Lance wrote:Gtc,

MicroTCU's are undergoing testing right now. Once the current design hardware is proven, there will likely be a small run of controllers for limited distribution. Ideally that will happen in 3 or 4 months if there are no major hardware changes required. A full run of controllers should follow shortly after that (~6 months) if everything proves to work as planned.

Lance.
Hi Lance, Could I put my name down for one of the TCUs from the small run pls (or has this already been allocated).
I'm currently setting up a microSquirt to work with a Jaguar V12 mated to a GM 4L80E and it would be nice to switch out my current 'BE Controls TCS''
to something a little more compact and a lot more flexibility.
Thanks GastheCat
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

I'm currently setting up a microSquirt to work with a Jaguar V12 mated to a GM 4L80E
A bit off topic but nice to see more peolpe working on the Jaguar V12 in combination with 4L80E.
I have the same combo in my -78 XJS MSIIIX and GPIO, (not MicroSquirt)

//Tobmag
gasthecat

Post by gasthecat »

Hi Tobmag,
At the risk of being censored and taking this thread total off topic. I'm restoring a 1976 Daimler Double Six Coupe
:twisted: Warning do not visit this site http://www.gasthecat.co.ukif you are of the Jaguar purest leaning :twisted:
Keeping this a little on topic I'm looking at upgrading the 4L80e to a 6L80e and this is where the MicroTCU should come into it's own
//GastheCat
PSIG

Post by PSIG »

I noticed the MicroTCU site is now empty. Has the project terminated? Or, could this be a sign that things are about to get exciting? ;)

Any updates on µTCU status?

David
-=≡ If it was easy, everyone would do it ≡=-
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

PSIG wrote:I noticed the MicroTCU site is now empty. Has the project terminated? Or, could this be a sign that things are about to get exciting? ;)

Any updates on µTCU status?

David
Looks normal to me.... :?:
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Regarding the website, there was an administrative problem with our host, this has been fixed now. It might take some time for the fix to propagate for some users.

MicroTCU testing is going well. The cases have been made, so that's a step forward too. The plan is for microTCU to launch with 5.1xx code, so we need to make sure that this code (currently it is 5.096 beta code) is 'ready for prime time'. So there is progress, but a release announcement is not imminent.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
turbofreakdotcom

Post by turbofreakdotcom »

Do you have any testers working on an A340E Toyota trans? I have run the SupraStick controller along with my MS2 on my MK3 Supra since 2008 with a few issues. AMG Mercedes paddles are working by variable voltage through the cruise control Cruise/Accel circuit to manually shift. Looking into the GPIO helped me find this post.
I understand this will not be capable of supplying the 12v to the solenoid since the unit controls the ground side, correct?
Can a circuit be easily created to control the 12v activated solenoid setup?
Since I rebuilt the trans for power, I would like to soften areas while daily driving. Is it possible to introduce my on/off solenoids to PWM to control dampening?
I am very interested in this controller and wondering if you are still looking at 2nd quarter of this year for the sale of these units.

Chris
Hellhaunter

Post by Hellhaunter »

Any updates regarding Release of the MicroTcu ?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Hellhaunter,

Nothing new to report at the moment.

Lance.