governor pressure control ideas wanted

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
steveh66

governor pressure control ideas wanted

Post by steveh66 »

Hum… I may have got myself over my head here.

I am trying to configure a 47RE to work with megashift. How this transmission works is that the 1-2-3 shift are governor controlled and executed by the hydraulic valve body and the lock up and OD are electrically controlled via solenoids.

The governor pressure in the 47RE is one PSI per MPH… which is simple :) but the pressure is controlled by PWM a solenoid valve and feedback by a pressure transducer. :? I figured something like this would have been configured in the MegaShift before but can find anything like it.

I have read the other postings on these and a like and have not found my answer. Am I the first to tackle this?? Any help from anyone who have done something similar would be great.

With Thanks,
Steve
cobra2411

Re: governor pressure control ideas wanted

Post by cobra2411 »

There is an upgrade to use a GM EPC solenoid if that helps.
steveh66

Re: governor pressure control ideas wanted

Post by steveh66 »

ya... i saw that and i think it cam do the trick.

One of the other guys on this board logged the control pressure when using the factory tranny ECU. I got some good ides / tricks that Mopar did for governor control.

Thanks
Steve