MShift and Toyota A34 Series Info?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
phoenix3d

MShift and Toyota A34 Series Info?

Post by phoenix3d »

Hey There everybody....

Anyone know of any available info for building GPIO and available MSQ or settings for Toyota A34 series Trany's? (No the Gearboxes........;-)

Any help will be appreciated...

I have got to build up 4 GPIO's for these Boxes... for starters....

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Cheers
Gordon.
gross polluter

Re: MShift and Toyota A34 Series Info?

Post by gross polluter »

I'm running a MKIV Supra TT trans on MShift, A341LE. Circuit construction is the same as 4L60E, except you need to add two P channel FETs for the shift solenoids since they're going-high switching instead of going low.

EDIT: With the newer code just released, the SP1 output can be used for accumulator pressure control.
phoenix3d

Post by phoenix3d »

Awesome... Thanks for the Speedy reply...

Could you forward a bit more info (Specifics) I aint so clued up... Hahaha...

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
Gordon.
gross polluter

Post by gross polluter »

I'll work on making a post on this forum in the next few days since there seems to be a large audience of A series transmission owners on this forum.
phoenix3d

Post by phoenix3d »

Woooo Hoooo....!!!!!!

Thanks a Stack.... Can't wait!!!

Wanna Start playing......

Cheers!
phoenix3d

Post by phoenix3d »

Hi There... Gross Polluter...

Any headway with the posting for the A34 series stuff?

Waiting with anxiety!!!!!

Cheers!!
mikeymkll7mgte

Post by mikeymkll7mgte »

except you need to add two P channel FETs for the shift solenoids since they're going-high switching instead of going low.
Can someone explain how to do this? This is my last step before I can get the car driving. A diagram would even be better. Any recommendations on what FET to use? Thanks!
Jim Blackwood

Post by Jim Blackwood »

Probably didn't get a reply because this is more of a general electronics question. Without getting into the specifics, which would require me to research the details of the exact circuit in question, you are dealing with PNP and NPN transistors. So using basically the same signal in on the gate, one uses ground as a source and the other uses B+, thereby driving the load to either ground or battery potential. Often the simple solution is to replace the driver with one of identical specs but opposite polarity, paying attention to the requirements of the gate. That's the simple answer, but I'm sure there is an established and tested method of dealing with this specific circuit. You might find the answer in the general MS forums, GPIO perhaps.

Jim
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

mikeymkll7mgte, Jim;

Googling "gross polluter gpio pnp" turns up this thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost. ... tcount=250

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
mikeymkll7mgte

Post by mikeymkll7mgte »

I did find that thread. I also had to install a 1k resistor inline between the output of the NPN and the input of the PNP. Im having another issue with the transmission now though... When it tries to shift into 3rd (i think) under load, it acts like its trying to go into 2 gears at once and slows the car and lugs the motor down. It shifts fine with no ecu connected and going through the gears manually (with no ecu, you only have 1st, 3rd, and 4th) Im doing further testing tonight...