I have put the latest 4.003 beta code here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V4code.html
This fixes a manual lever checking issue discussed in another thread. It also has a few internal changes to further improve code architecture and efficiency. No user parameters were added or changed for this code (over 4.002).
This is the recommended code for most users who are not actively testing.
This code has a fix to the metric conversion calculations, discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9
There were no other changes to this code.
All users who have chosen to use metric units should upgrade to this code, and change the tire diameter to its value in centimeters (from inches).
2.106 is here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V2code.html
4.004 is here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V4code.html
These codes incorporate a number of changes (discussed in recent threads), including:
- any time the manual lever is in park, neutral or reverse, auto mode is selected.
- the first press of either shift button in auto mode selects manual mode, but does not shift. Only the second and subsequent press of a shift button will shift the transmission. This allows the user to select manual mode without shifting (i.e. pressing a shift button while in auto mode tells the controller to go to manual mode and stay in the current gear).
- only sequential auto mode or skip-shift auto mode are allowed at start-up (not manual mode).
- fixes the speedo output to work as designed.
- a change was made to the PWM period default for the speedo output to allow faster switching at high speeds. In the 4.004 code, the pwnper4 parameter is exposed in the inpram structure for the tuning software (but commented out in the menus) for users that might want to experiment with this.
- VSS filtering is applied to the speedo output (hopefully reducing noise at the external speedo in some cases). Previously all VSS pulses were used for the speedo output calculations.
- the INI's were changed to show 'degF' or 'degC' rather than just 'deg' in all cases.
The latest 4.006 beta code is here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V4code.html
These codes incorporate no new user functions or parameters, but fix an issue in which the gear indicator in the tuning software would not shift out of first on start-up (discussed in another thread).
This code has one new user parameter: 'WOT dur' (http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V2tune.html#gh) This is the time after the throttle is open fully that hysteresis is disabled. It can be set from 0 to 20 seconds. The default is zero. In older codes the default was 10 seconds.
Note the the WOT value for the datalog now counts down to zero from the WOT_dur value, instead of up to 10 as in previous codes.
This code also fixes a bug in the TPS value limiting. The previous limiting was effective only if using TPS over CAN for load. The new code enforces the limiting even if using MAP over CAN for load (to avoid setting the WOT flag if the value underflows).
This code also fixes a bug in which the VSS error value was not being reported.
A few users (volvoguy50, dch) have discovered an CAN issue, which turned out to be an 'undocumented feature' of the CAN comms, which apparently requires that the pages size by a multiple of 8 bytes for transfer from MShift to MS-II to TS (and vice-versa).
The 2.110 code here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V2code.html has been updated with seven pad bytes (to make 640 total) on the first page of inputs and works much better than 2.109 (with 633 bytes) when using the CAN commands from TS.
This is a 'bug fix' release only; no new user parameters or functions were added.
4.007 beta code has been similarly updated, but is largely untested.
I have removed the test code from the post above.
- fixes a bug in the voltage based lever determination reported by jamies,
- cleans up the logic for the voltage based lever selection, making the code a bit smaller,
- documents the lever selection process in comments much better for future use,
- improves the ADC filtering.
This is the latest release code and matching INI.
The beta code will be similarly improved, and but it likely will not be posted until we add the ADC based up/down shifting that users have requested. This will be added to both the release (likely called 2.112) and beta code (likely 4.008). They will be announced in this thread when ready.
This code incorporates:
- the voltage based shift function discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=204 The function is documented here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/voltshift.html
- the spare port PWM changes discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=270 and documented here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/spareport.html
This code, while numbered 2.120, is actually a transitional code towards version 4 code, and has many features of the V4 code (such as improved and simplified shift logic, and the potential to incorporate SPI functions for things like 'smart' drivers and SD card datalogging).
I have tested the code for a few weeks, but there may well be remaining issues with it, so use with great caution.
Note: because this is beta code, the default setting for 'RPM Checking' is OFF (in release codes, the default setting is ON).
This code fixes some issues in the 2.120 code, pointed out by user gross_polluter so many thanks to that user! We have tested the serial and CAN comms extensively with MS-II and B&G 2.905 - it works perfectly.
Compared to the V2.111 release code, this V4 code adds:
- TCC individual upshift lock/unlock behavior is user configurable.
- Maximum line pressure setting for each individual shift (up or down).
- A rewrite of the PNR to Drive code.
- A fix for the line pressure reporting during the pressure adjustment delay.
- Expanded and more flexible PWM on the spare ports, along with more functional modes.
- Voltage based shifter buttons.
This is beta code, so use it with great caution.