Will Mshift run on a microsquirt module?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Chilli_dog

Will Mshift run on a microsquirt module?

Post by Chilli_dog »

As above, will the megashift code work on the microsquirt module, I have one for a long term project but have also got a stronger trans for my range rover, a ZF4HP24e as opposed to the HP22, I can put together a hydraulic one but like the idea of the electronic controller as the engine is already running on MSIIe
Chilli_dog

Re: Will Mshift run on a microsquirt module?

Post by Chilli_dog »

I have found a bit more info on the trans, there are 2 solenoids for gear selection and a third for the TC lock up. The line pressure has the following specs

Type 2/2-way relief jet with falling characteristic line; the control edge
is closed when the valve is without power supply.
- Coil resistance R 5.5W +/- 6% @20°C
- I_max 700mA mean value
- I_min 150mA mean value
- Chopper frequency 1000Hz +/- 50Hz @ +25°C
- Control Unit
- Interface characteristic current regulated, chopped output stage, pulse width modulated.
- Current range 145mA <= I_min <=175mA @ +25°C
- Currrent range 680mA <=I_max <=720mA @ +25°C
- Reference point Pin 6 (power ground
- Recommended wire size: 1.0mm2