anybody know how to get the transtim thing working?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
tmoble

anybody know how to get the transtim thing working?

Post by tmoble »

I have one of these and a completed MSGPIO trans controller. I can access the controller via the serial comms OK. I installed the long jumpers that bring the serial comms out in the wiring harness. I'm using the plug and wire harness stub that I got with the GPIO.

I connected the stim to the controller per the diagram giving the pinout of the ampseal and the screw down connector on the GPIO. I hooked power to PIN1 of the stim and ground to one of the bolt holes. Everything is wonderful except that nothing works. The OUT1 LED on the stim comes on and that's about it.

Then I realized there doesn't seem to be any way to give an RPM, MAP, VSS or TPS signal to the GPIO. So, what does the stim do for a living?

I have a working MS2 V3 if that helps.
tmoble

Re: anybody know how to get the transtim thing working?

Post by tmoble »

anybody have one of these up and running, interacting with an Mshift?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Many people have used these, including me right now.

First, read: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/v2 ... html#notes

There definitely is a VSS signal from the stim (marked VSS near the brake button), so you need to look more carefully. You can get TPS and/or MAP from the 5V signal source.

RPM is of limited use. Since the RPM and VSS won't be sync'd to actual road conditions, shifts could be prevented or happen apparently randomly based on over/uner-revving. If you aren't connecting to an engine ECU and getting RPM over CANbus, and instead getting it on IC2 you will need a second signal. You can hook the VSS output signal to both the RPM and VSS inputs on the GPIO, but you will probably have to experiment with the tooth dividers to get sensible values (be sure to turn off rev checking).
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tmoble

Post by tmoble »

ok, but what is IC2?

I don't find it on the board or docs.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

IC2 is the 'processor-speak' for the second input compare function. It is more commonly referred to as the ISS input on PT5/VR3/Amp2.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw