duplicate instructs in the GPIO build?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
tmoble

duplicate instructs in the GPIO build?

Post by tmoble »

very early in the build process there's a MUST line instructing to run a couple jumper wires on the 25x2 header, then cut the pins off the bottom of the header so they don't interfere.

Very late in the process it had me install two jumper wires on the 25x2 headers. It's:
Input 2 (switchB) AD1 GPI2 (jumper at 25x2 header) 6

and

Spare Output1 (SP1) PT7 VB1 (jumper at 25x2 header) 11

Since it instructed me to cut the pins it seems this step is meaningless. Should I pull it out of the case and remove those two wires?
Bernard Fife

Re: duplicate instructs in the GPIO build?

Post by Bernard Fife »

Which set of instructions are your referring to (i.e. do you have a link)?
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
panel

Post by panel »

Hey Lance can you PM me or shoot me an email at minstone@shaw.ca , thx!
Subaru conversion EJ20 Turbo VW bus http://www.vvwc.ca/modules.php?name=For ... pic&t=9091
tmoble

Post by tmoble »

here:
http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/assembly.html step 11

and

did somebody clean it up already? I don't see the lines I pasted in the instructions.

Is there more than one set of build instructions?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

tmoble, we can't find any record of that page being changed in recently (in the last several months at least), so perhaps you had a cached version that you were viewing. There are other versions of the build instructions for things like the 4L80e transmission, etc..
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw