using Msdroid with Megashift

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
gui67

using Msdroid with Megashift

Post by gui67 »

Hello,
Did anyone tried using MSDroid with Megashift?
I tried with the 5.104 code. I put the initial in the tablet, the code was recognized but it blocked during firmware loading at 90%...
It is working well with my MS3 and several Microsquirt so I think the problem is not related to the tablet. The Tcu is working well with Tunerstudio.
Thanks
Guillaume
Bernard Fife

Re: using Msdroid with Megashift

Post by Bernard Fife »

Guillaume,

I haven't used msdroid. Conceptually, the MShift code is the same as ms2/microsquirt code (you can load MShift code on a microsquirt and vice-versa, and I have done this before using the downloader).

However, msdroid might not recognize the MShift signature, or something else in the INI. In that case you need to contact msdroid's developer (I had to ask Phil to add MShift signature recognition capability to TunerStudio when we did the first release, so msdroid might be similar).

msdroid downloads the code? I wasn't aware of any tuning code that did that. Can't you load the code using the downloader (http://www.megamanual.com/files/softwar ... _setup.exe) then use msdroid for communicating (but not downloading the code)?

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gui67

Post by gui67 »

Maybe it was firmware parsing and not loading, I am not sure anymore. It is a communication problem, not loading problem, I did not explain correctly.
The code is loaded in the Msgpiowith the PC and it works OK, no problem with that.
When I connect the tablet to Mshift, it detects the code Mshift 5.104, but at the next step it blocks, it is maybe a problem of signature as you said. I will check with the developers.
Thanks
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

gui67,

It could be the signature. It could be instead that it expects Unix style EOL (end-of-line) characters in the INI file. So I have done an INI with Unix (same as android) EOLs that you might want to try:
GPIO_MShift_5104b.ini
Unix-style EOL chars
(293.44 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tmoble

Post by tmoble »

Thanks for making that clear Mr. Fife. Saves me a lot of screwing around figuring out how to make it work.