Whats up here (log attached)

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
jamies

Whats up here (log attached)

Post by jamies »

Played around with the latest release code today and saw gauges in tunerstudio go crazy, log is attached, this is direct to the serail port of the gpio, and engine data over can
Attachments
2015-08-23_17.11.10.msl
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 486 times
Bernard Fife

Re: Whats up here (log attached)

Post by Bernard Fife »

jamies,

It looks like electrical noise to me (but it' hard to be sure because I don't know what was actually happening while these values were being reported).

I say interference because if you look at the various ADC channels (i.e. inXadc, shftbut, auxCH, TPS, etc.), they all go a bit strange, and they also do this just before the area in which other variables go crazy. A couple of possibilities spring to mind: electrical interference in the wiring loom (from thing like coils, and bad alternator or a faulty electrical device like a stereo amp) OR bad grounding or a bad power supply (at any point in the wiring, including the AMP connector). It is also possible that there is a circuit on the GPIO board to isn't built right. Did you test your build on a stim after building it?

It's also possible the serial port is acting up. Has it given problems on any other devices? Do you have another computer you can try?

Is it only the TS values that mess up (but MShift appears to behave mostly normally) or does the controller itself appear to be freaking out (shifting gears wildly for example)?

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
jamies

Post by jamies »

lance,

it still shifts gears, but TS reports shifter position and current gear correctly - its just all the other gauges ie rpm, load, temp etc that go crazy
so this means comms (serial) are ok. laptop serial is fine on other controllers
it could be can interference, but if it was then it wouldnt shift gears as it cant determine rpm.load corectly?

im about to load james trans control software on to see if that shows a similar issue.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

it still shifts gears,
That's good, it means the problem is likely with the comms or ADC, not the processor or code.
but TS reports shifter position and current gear correctly - its just all the other gauges ie rpm, load, temp etc that go crazy
That doesn't necessarily mean much as far as a serial communication issue, as it could depend on how these variables are grouped in the outpc structure.
it could be can interference, but if it was then it wouldnt shift gears as it cant determine rpm.load corectly?
Not necessarily. You could have interference on the serial connection to TS but not on the CANbus connection to the engine ECU.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
jamies

Post by jamies »

somethings not 100%
i went for a drive today, had no gears (ie only 1st) initially.
I stopped and cycled the ign and then had all 4 gears until i came to a stop about 2km away
then it was stuck in 1st again.

unfortunately i didnt have my laptop with me so had to disconnect the gpio and reconnect my full manual controller.
i will try investigate further when i get some more time