MShift stopped shifting.

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
markmd

MShift stopped shifting.

Post by markmd »

Hi new here so please be pashant
Ok here is my problem I have LS1 and 4L60e MS3 and MShift 5.102 Finally got the Mshift to work had an issue with VVS was a poor sensor. Drove home from work let the truck stand for a few hours. Changed a few settings in Mshift nothing mager . Started and drove down the road and it would not shift out of 1st. Pluged laptop in noticed the current gear at -1 eg Reves regardless of position of the shiftier.
Tests carried out so far.
checked the loom from amp seal to plug on box continuity ect ok
removed the transmission pan checked wiring and swapped pressure switch manifold. Still the same I then removed the Mshift and tested in my trans sim and noticed that if I lower the oil temp below 55c the current gear would jump from any gear to -1. So I put the Mshift back in the truck and it went straight to -1. If I heat up the temp sensor with a heat gun to about 80c it then gose to 0 on the current gear display. Have reloaded the s19 and ini still no joy,
Any help would be graitlly appreciated
Cheers
Attachments
CurrentTune.msq
(58.61 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
trans sim 2015-08-09_21.36.28.msl
(103.02 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
Bernard Fife

Re: MShift stopped shifting.

Post by Bernard Fife »

mark,

There could be a number of potential causes for your issues. If it was working and suddenly doesn't, I would first suspect a problem in the wiring or a problem on the board (especially the temperature sensor circuit). I would inspect these very, very carefully to make sure they are built to spec and are clean and free of debris and residual soldering flux.

However, since the issue coincided with settings changes (presumably via MS3 over the CANbus) it may also be that MS3 has scrambled the settings in the transfer.

So next I would re-load the code (after downloading it from here http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html to make sure I had a good uncorrupted version).

Then I would burn a new MSQ. Ideally I would redo all the settings from scratch, but if necessary I would load a 'known-good' MSQ (i.e. one that is known to have worked *before* the latest issue). I would do this on the chance that the MSQ had been corrupted (as well as the code).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw