Megashift working with a few bugs

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Gnx412

Re: Megashift working with a few bugs

Post by Gnx412 »

Thanks for all of your help thus far Lance, I may do the noise filter or maybe borrow a battery and isolate the power and ground to see what changes. Also I may use the battery and alternator tester from work to double check my alternator's output as far as its internal diodes and such. I will post soon. Thanks again!
It's not your's until you modify the $h!7 out of it!! (87Grand National-90Deville-11Turbo Regal 6sp)
Gnx412

Post by Gnx412 »

Found a post about electrical noises. Person said to use an am radio to see if there are whacky noises, soooooo I sat in car with am on no station just static with key off radio on sounded normal. Key on OMG! What a crazy noise headlights on(HID) even worse!!! So I ordered a noise filter (now the agony of waiting begins) and will try to triple check engine and body grounds and report back maybe isolate with separate battery too
It's not your's until you modify the $h!7 out of it!! (87Grand National-90Deville-11Turbo Regal 6sp)
Gnx412

Post by Gnx412 »

So I think I got it! If I am not mistaken the build guide for the 4L80E does not show ANY build guide for the GPI5 and VR2 which happen to be upshift and downshift :cry: so you can bet I didn't have those circuits built!!!!! Someone must double check the build guide to direct others to check the 4l60E build guide for those circuits. So far with a quick test and kickin' the car in it's butt it seems to be good, have to drive more. But in the meantime I did put a big fat ground cleaned the others and put a filter in the 12v feed which can only help. And yes 2:30 in the morning eureka! When I realize what circuits were missing.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

gnx412,

The 4L80e guide was produced and kindly donated by by Dave Hjort. I think Dave must not have used the shift buttons in his installation, so he didn't document this. I will add those build subsections very shortly. Many thanks to you for spotting this omission!

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Gnx412

Post by Gnx412 »

So I am back to fine tuning and it seems good. This Megasquirt stuff is quite awesome for the real car guys who build and have real bragging rights :P I'm actually glad this happened so some good came of it. I do insist if anyone has a fwd build like this I would love to help!