CAN confusion

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Philip Lochner

CAN confusion

Post by Philip Lochner »

I'm at the point where I'm trying to communicate with MShift via my MS-2's CAN bus. Ie serial comms from PC to MS2 and then CAN to Mshift.

I get to this point and then I'm not sure what's going on:

:?: :?: :?:
Best regards
Philip
'80 Jaguar XJS 5.3L V12 = MS-2
'74 Jensen Interceptor Mk3 440 V8 = MS-2 + GPIO (GM 4L60e)
Bernard Fife

Re: CAN confusion

Post by Bernard Fife »

Philip,

There are two potential issues here:

1) Make sure you have the correct INI. It appears that you are showing both 5.101 and 5.102. Make sure the INI matches the code you have (5.102 is best, get the code/INI here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html)

2) TunerStudio often mixes up the reported firmware version when connecting for the first time using the CANbus. If you get an obvious firmware mismatch that says your current reported firmware is in fact the engine ECU's firmware, you should "connect anyways". The error will only happen once (or at least once until you change firmware). TS has done this for years to me, but it has never caused a problem on my setup (other than the misleading mismatch message).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Philip Lochner

Re: CAN confusion

Post by Philip Lochner »

Lance wrote: Make sure the INI matches the code you have (5.102 is best, get the code/INI here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html)
Thanks Lance, but did you see this? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1012&p=5478&sid=bf5 ... f507#p5478
Best regards
Philip
'80 Jaguar XJS 5.3L V12 = MS-2
'74 Jensen Interceptor Mk3 440 V8 = MS-2 + GPIO (GM 4L60e)