Stop light surge

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
blueblazer

Stop light surge

Post by blueblazer »

4L60E

Trying to tune out my slight surge at stop lights and such. I've got TPS reading 0% and the brake signal. Idle is about 650-700 depending on engine temp. When I come to a stop, the truck pulls a little as more of a surging than a steady pull. The brakes easily over power it but I feel it happening and it's driving me nuts. I'm thinking line pressure at stop is too high.
Attachments
2015-06-01_08.13.16.msq
(57.16 KiB) Downloaded 714 times
Matt Cramer

Re: Stop light surge

Post by Matt Cramer »

This is more likely an engine tuning issue than a problem with the GPIO.

Do you have a data log of this behavior?
blueblazer

Re: Stop light surge

Post by blueblazer »

No data log. Very sure it is transmission related. Feels just like my buddy's Dodge did when his OEM ECU went bad and was trying to lockup his torque converter at idle. Totally different engine and transmission than my 350 and 4L60E but the exact same feeling. Hoping someone else has felt this before I remembers what setting they adjusted to stop it.